Pierce Brown is the author of the Red Rising Trilogy and a follow-up series to Red Rising. Brown graduated college in 2010, after which he became a manager of social media at a start-up tech company, worked with Disney at ABC Studios, became employed at NBC, and also became an aide on a U.S. Senate campaign, all while trying to make it as an author. In early 2014, his first novel, Red Rising was released to strong positive acclaim. His second novel, Golden Son was released Jan 6th, 2015, to equally widespread acclaim. The third novel, Morning Star, was published February 9, 2016, which debuted at #1 in the New York Times Best Seller list.
He is known to be a pantser, a "fly by the seats of your pants" type of writer, and thus can be prone to making an error or two, as small details can get jumbled in his head, as was the case with Kieran and his children.
- As a creator, you have to understand that it's not about your work. It's about how your work fits into their life.
- Yes, you will have at least one new POV character in Book 6. Probably two.
- Writing Routines: Bestselling Author Of The Red Rising Saga Pierce Brown On Enhanced Free Association, World-Building, And Writing Screenplays, May 2020
- Pierce Brown website - About the author
- This was a Red Rising blog after all, Sons of Ares Vol. 2: Wrath signing, February 22, 2020.
- Pierce Brown, Facebook - Happy Friday - January 16, 2015
- Pierce Brown, Twitter - link inaccessible
- Vanity Fair Spanish - From Hemingway to Pierce Brown: The Sexiest Writers in History - April 13, 2016
- Mass Amplify Show - Episode 16, Britt Michaelian - March 17, 2015
- Howler Life, Pierce Brown Dropped A Big Hint About Red Rising Book 6, April 28, 2020.